Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Homecoming

As I sit here on the bouncy school bus with 20+ tired girls on our way back to good ole College Station, I think to myself that I'm glad to be coming home. In fact, even the song playing now has "I'm coming back" in the chorus. (Okay, okay, I am not actually posting this from the bus without internet, but I am writing it on the bus and will post it later.)

I sure love to travel, but there is nothing like the feeling of coming home. Especially when I have Nathan waiting there for me. His Nana said to me once that you know you have been gone just long enough when you are ready to come home again. I have to agree with her. It's been a lot of fun at the conference, especially seeing some of the undergrads really get into it (I remember when that was me a while back), but I'm ready to be home.

So looking out the window now watching the trees zip by, it is kind of peaceful knowing that I'll be home soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home