Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Central park jazz

Another great thing about New York City is that you can find good, live music almost anywhere. Here are some jazz players performing in Central Park. It's really fun to walk through the park and listen to the different musicians play. Every evening, there were at least three different groups of musicians playing in Washington Square Park just outside the NYU dorms we stayed in. We have some live music in College Station, you just have to look harder to find it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you haven't seen it, there is also some really good jazz at the music website, Pandora. Just type in your favorite song (or musician), and it creates a customized radio station. Some of my current fave stations are Lucinda Williams "Fruits of My Labor," Willie Nelson "You are Always on My Mind," and The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." I even got my grandfather hooked, and he has stations for Benny Goodman and some other jazz greats.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home