Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

100 mile journey begins with a single step

A 100 mile journey begins with a single step ... and it helps to bring a dog along with you for company.

This morning, Audrey (my dog) and I completed our very first Nike+ challenge: 100 miles in 100 days! We started in December to motivate us to exercise through the yummy holiday season. I didn't think we would finish it so quickly! Audrey, my faithful running companion, has been with me through wind, rain, and cold every mile along the way. It is definitely easier running with her than running alone, for which I am grateful.

Here is a snapshot of proof that we completed the challenge. We actually came in 6th, not bad for novice Nike+ runners. What's next? I wanted a more long-term goal, so I signed up to run 500 miles in 2007. It sounds like a lot, but I think we have a real shot. And, they don't call it a challenge for nothing! So Audrey, rest up, we've got some pavement to cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home