Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Zappos has created a monster

I've recently discovered a new website much to my husband's dismay, Zappos.com. It's a website dedicated to shoes. Thousands upon thousands of shoes! If you have a shoe fetish of any kind whatsoever, beware. It is really addicting. I can't tell you how much time I've spent browsing the shoes in the last few weeks.

Last week I finally took the plunge and made my first online shoe purchase. I needed some new brown and black shoes to wear to for school. The shoes I had been wearing were decidedly past their prime, and no amount of shoe polish would cover that up. It is no tax and free shipping both ways! If you don't like the shoe, you have a full year to send it back. (As long as you don't take it running outside or anything.)

Thursday afternoon the doorbell rang. "Ding dong! Your shoes are here!" it sang. (I just love getting packages in the mail, so much fun.) I ran to the door, grabbed the box, and opened it up. I was so excited. They only took a few days to get here!

The brown shoes I ordered didn't fit quite right, but the black shoes fit great! Actually, I couldn't decide between two different pairs, so I ordered them both. It turns out that the black pair I didn't keep also comes in brown. And guess what!?! They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I guess this is why my husband is a little bit worried, it didn't take me long to make my second purchase! I don't plan on buying and more for a while, but I have some bookmarked in "my favorites" just in case...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen the brand Camper? They are kinda expensive but they have the coolest styles and colors.. I want a pair someday... le sigh..

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes twice this week you've inspired me to shoe shop -- the first time was when I was standing there at the store and one of my rationalizations was "But SHAWNA had the cutest pair of tall black boots at the A&M Xmas concert -- I think I need them too!!" Needless to say, they're now in my closet... you're very persuasive!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home