Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy wife day

Last Monday morning, a FedEx truck pulled up to our house. Nathan said to me "Surprise, Happy Wife Day!" "Happy Wife Day?" I wondered. He answers the door and comes back with a HUGE smile on his face. He hands me a little brown box.

I start racking my brain. What could this be? I had absolutely no idea. Had I asked for anything lately? Dropped any hints? Not that I could think of.

Excited, I open the box. Inside, gleaming, is a brand new iPod nano! Not only is it my very own iPod, it's red! The exact color I wanted! I mentioned it to Nathan a few times, but I was thinking of it more as a Christmas gift tops. He also got my name and email engraved on the back. How cool is that!

After showering him with hugs and kisses, he tells me that's not all. Also coming in the mail is the Nike running sensor. Now I have my very own iPod to listen to while I run with Audrey! Now that I've had it for almost a week, I can honestly say that the running sensor is much cooler than I thought. It allows me to track all my runs, set goals (time, distance, frequency, speed, etc.), and see how pace changes during a run. It is really neat.

I say all this to say that I must have the best husband ever. He knew exactly what I wanted and surprised me on top of it. I love surprises! Thank you, Nathan!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, those shoes look sweeeet!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I didn't know you were still running - that is really cool. :) I've gotten back into it and am pretty hooked. Good memories from all the track and CC!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Shawna Thomas said...

I'm still running! I usually run with Audrey because we both need the exercise. :) I'm actually signed up for the Turkey Trot in Houston this Thanksgiving. It could be interesting...

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home