Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Wonton madness

The last few weekends I've rediscovered wonton wrappers after watching an episode of Good Eats. I must admit that I've gone a little overboard making all kinds of things: pork pot stickers, tofu dumplings, cream puffs (yum), and crab dumplings (I had to use the leftover crab for something...). The wontons in the picture are (clockwise from the top): tofu dumplings, crab pot stickers, and pork pot stickers. They may be a little labor intensive, but they sure are fun to eat! (They're fun to make too grooving to some music.) You know you scored big when you bring a plate out of food that you made and your husband says "Whoo hoo! This just made my day!" Pretty darn good for a Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because this is a blog about good food... FREE CONE DAY at Ben & Jerry's tomorrow (April 17). :)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. You gotta try this:

Joy of Cooking's Quick Beer Bread. It only takes 5 minutes of prep time and 35 min in the oven, and I've already made it twice this weekend. I tried different combos of flours (mix whatever whole grains you want, and a mix of rye and whole wheat has turned out the best so far). Don't think I'll be buying bread again for a long time! :)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home