Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

All tuckered out from training

This is what my dog Audrey has looked like all morning long. Every time I glance over, she gives me the look of "we're not running again today are we?"

Audrey is used to running with me in the mornings about 3 times a week. Lately, we've been training for a 10K fun run coming up in October, so the running has picked up a bit. This morning we ran 4 miles followed by 3 short sprints. I think it is the sprinting that did her in. I had to keep encouraging her with "that's a good girl" and "come on, Audrey, here we go!" to keep her from trailing too far behind. I never thought I could outrun my own dog!

I think a full day of snoozing on her new doggie bed will make her good as new tomorrow. In the meantime, she definitely barks less at the occasional squirrel. I have to agree with the saying "a tired dog is a good dog"!

2 Comments:

Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Poor Audrey. It's too bad that riding in a stroller doesn't have the same effect on kids!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your 10K sounds fun and it's TRAILS! My favorite kind of run. :) Actually headed off for a trail run right now. Hope your day is going well.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home