Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A trip to France with the comforts of home

Last night Nathan and I took a trip to France without even leaving the house. We turned the kitchen into a French bistro with the help of Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook and Diana Krall Live in Paris. I put the music on while I cooked and danced around the kitchen.

For dinner we started with a mixed greens salad from the backyard garden (more on that later) with spinach, arugula, spicy mesclun, and a Dijon vinagrette. We then had tilapia grenobloise (pan fried with a butter, crouton, lemon, and caper sauce) with steamed garlic green beans. To wash it all down we drank a Louis Latour Chablis from the Cote D'Or region of France. It was a lot of fun to have a fancier-than-normal dinner for two on a weeknight. I highly recommend it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home