Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Must resist

I just pulled this loaf of homemade bread out of the oven. It is incredibly tempting to resist cutting into it --- it smells so, so good! But I somehow must resist until it cools...

After practically giving up hope that I could make bread, I finally decided to give it one more try last weekend. I was encouraged by my friends that even I could do it. (I've had many many many failed attempts in the past usually resulting in beautiful bricks. My bread never seems to rise unless I cheat and use the bread machine someone gave us at our wedding.) Last weekend, I used the recipe here since it seemed straight-foward and came with step-by-step pictures. When I checked on the dough after it's hour rise I literally screamed and did a little dance when I found that it had doubled in size just like it was supposed to! It was a first! A miracle! The bread turned out wonderfully and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Today, to test if my last success was a fluke or not, I decided to make the same recipe again. It worked! Again! I just may turn into a bread baker after all...

2 Comments:

Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Now your bread is tasty and still looks great. This isn't fair. I've always thought it was impossible to get bread that looked and tasted good.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I'll keep that recipe on file and try it sometime.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home