Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just call us turkeys

Just call us both turkeys for getting up early early (before the sun) on our Thanksgiving holiday to join a thousand or so other crazy people in the 2007 Houston Turkey Trot. I ran in the race last year with Nathan and my two nephews cheering me on. This time I talked Nathan into joining me out on the pavement!

It was really really cold and really really windy, but really really fun. Nathan and I ran the entire 5K (~3.1 miles) together! We ran at a comfortable pace until the very end. Nathan decided to try for a photo finish and hollered "Let's push it!" as he began sprinting. It was all I could do to keep up. I blame it on his longer legs --- he definitely has an advantage --- but really he is just faster than me. We crossed the finish-line with me right on his tail at 26:13. Nathan wanted to run it in 30 minutes or less. I think he surprised himself with that finish time. Watch out, we may have another runner in the family!

Here are some action photos of the two of us: Nathan and me

We rewarded our success with bananas, muffins, and hot chocolate after the race. We definitely burned of our pending Thanksgiving dinners with the run!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great race - nice fast pace for you both! Looking forward to celebrating our next running holiday on the 9th. :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger josh said...

Yep...turkeys

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home