Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eight is great

That's what I placed in the annual Houston Jingle Bell Run a few weekends ago. Eighth in my age-group, that is. But hey, I had to beat out some young 19-year-olds for that spot. Those whipper-snappers.

I ran with Sara, one of my best friends growing up. We've known each other since kindergarten and have been running together since high school. For the second year in a row now (so it must be a tradition), Sara and I have competed the Jingle Bell Run together. Just like last year, she just beat me again. I had her in my sights the entire time, but she is just fast. (She placed seventh.) To prove it, you can just barely make me out in the picture below:


Even though I didn't beat Sara again, I had a huge improvement over last year despite the blazing December heat. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic here, it was pretty hot that day.) Below is my running profile. Not exactly the smoothest because I had to get some water at the water stations and contend with hills.


I know you all desperately want to see more action shots of me running (ha!), so just follow the link. I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers for improving our times! Merry Christmas. :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home