Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Thursday, January 17, 2008

FABULOUS!

One word: "FAAHHBUUULOUS!" (in a sing-song voice of course). That's what dinner was tonight. Who says weeknight meals can't be easy, quick, tasty, and look great on a plate? In other words, "FAAHHBUUULOUS!"

Okay, okay, I admit that not everything we cook is a home run. Some meals taste better than others, some are not so easy, and some aren't always as fast as we like. But tonight was like no other. It didn't disappoint. We had Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta served on a bed of orzo and an elegant-looking Greek Salad.
I can't take much of the credit since these are all recipes I saw this weekend on "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger", a new favorite show of mine. I made the recipes just as she did, except I added the orzo so the yummy tomato sauce had somewhere to go. It's a crime to waste sauce.

So, if you are looking for a sure-fire hit thats easy and fast, you should definitely try these recipes out. Your stomach will thank you. Mine sure did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Rachel Ray had a shrimp and feta recipe in her October '07 magazine that was very tasty too. Not as saucy as what you've got there... but I don't know if that's a good thing.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Manju said...

hehe. that baked shrimp is luring me away from my work right now! :) seems like ur a great cook!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Shawna Thomas said...

I just know the right recipes. ;)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home