Random Happenings

Random notes and pics about events in the life of a not-your-typical Computer Science grad student. (Yes I am a nerd, but I don't live and breathe the SciFi channel, well maybe Stargate SG-1...)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I smell gumbo in my future


Is that the biggest okra pod you have ever seen or what!?! Believe it or not, that big baby came out of our humble vegetable garden in the backyard. (I promise to post more about that later... school has been pretty busy lately.) It's our very first okra pod to harvest. Not exactly enough for a pot of gumbo (my favorite okra application), but there are more pods on the way. There is nothing like fresh veggies straight from the garden. I think tonight we will have our first taste by breading and frying this guy up! Mmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home